Philips Norelco 7140 Cord/Cordless Rechargeable Shaver

Sunday, September 25, 2011


Product Review

I purchased this to replace a Norelco 5885 XL right after the battery stopped taking a charge. I had the 5885 repaired at a Philips authorized place, but it nonetheless did not take much of a charge, so I went back again and, in the finish, nonetheless didn't have a razor that I could use for far more than several days. I finally decided to give up and get this. I paid about $40 for it (the cost has given that gone up) and also the repair was $30, so I figured this was a quicker way to get something that worked. In general, this is actually a quite good shaver. It's super-quiet, noticeably quieter than the 5885. It shaves a tad closer and wants much less pressure to do so, and it seems to take a couple of much less passes over the same area to obtain a close shave. The trimmer is just okay -- exactly like the old one. It won't cut you, but it won't easily make a clean edge for your sideburns, either. It's nice to be able to rinse out the head under operating water. You will find a couple of caveats, although. The design of the head is slightly different and it doesn't move as smoothly more than my skin. For me, this can be a noticeable and moderately considerable disadvantage. The old 1 felt much better. It took a bit a lot more effort to get a close shave, but I enjoyed the method much more. (More...)